Road Map - v1.1 - Oct 2019
- Progress in both academic research and biotech markets has stalled due to the same coordination problems enveloping our ‘fake news’,‘post-Truth’ society.
- The brittle, top-heavy nature of legacy truth-making systems such as ‘peer review’ and ‘clinical trials’ has allowed powerful actors benefiting from the status quo to largely maintain their positions.
- There is substantial opportunity for generating and curating trustworthy information about medical tourism, experimental therapies, and research molecules.
- ‘Self-sovereign’ technologies (Web 3.0) will permit novel truth-making systems (such as knowledge markets, prediction markets, & token-curated registries) that allow users to stake their reputation behind important information and earn monetary rewards for doing so.
- The RESEARCH COLLECTIVE will issue attestations, examinable on distributed ledgers (such as Ethereum), that a certain public key, or set of keys, belongs to a certain individual or group. These virtual ‘badges’ will allow patients, researchers, clients, and suppliers to be sure they are dealing with the right entity, even if they are pseudonymous.
- The COLLECTIVE will form an ‘Institutional Review Board’ so that both named and pseudonymous entities can seek approval for their projects, in the form of an immutable distributed ledger entry. This will allow researchers outside of academia to satisfy ethical considerations while potentially gaining access to institutional resources for doing so.
- The COLLECTIVE’s attestation system is expanded so that any user may participate in spinning the web-of-trust. Users may issue attestations on identity, propose projects, and name their collaborators. If both collaborators consent ahead of time, they may issue ‘warranted’ feedback on each other at their project’s conclusion. This decentralized reputation system will allow rapid identification of both the best and worst actors of the space, empowering informed decisions when it comes to finding collaborators or suppliers.
- The attestation system will expand to attributions, permitting seamless collaboration through the use of autonomous wealth sharing pathways. For example, a plasmid design may be licensed such that anyone commercializing an exact copy must forward all profits through an Ethereum smart contract that sends 50% to the creator; or 25% if the work is derivative but not identical.
RESEARCH COLLECTIVE: Site | Mailing List | Chat
MiniCircle HIV Project
Crypto Attestation System Visualizer